The Cremation Society of Great Britain
Past Presidents of the Society
- Elected 1874
- Sir Henry Thompson, Bt., F.R.C.A.
(Surgeon to Queen Victoria.)
- Elected 1904
- Sir Charles Cameron, Bt., M.D., LL.B., MP
(Medical Officer of Health and Member of Parliament for Glasgow.)
- Elected 1921
- His Grace The Duke of Bedford, K.G.
(Founder of the Woking Crematorium.)
- Elected 1940
- The Rt. Hon. Lord Horder, G.C.V.O., F.R.C.P.
(Physician to King George V and Director of the Woking and Golders Green crematoria.)
- Elected 1955
- The Rt. Hon. The Earl of Verulam, M.A., J.P.
(Industrialist and Director of the Woking and Golders Green crematoria.)
- Elected 1960
- Sir John Cameron, Bt., M.A., LL.B.
(Son of second President; barrister, stipendiary magistrate; Vice-President of the International Cremation Federation.)
- Elected 1970
- The Rt. Hon. The Lord Greenwood of Rossendale P.C.,
(Former Minister of Housing and Local Government; Past Chairman of the Local Government Staff Commission; Director of the Woking and Golders Green crematoria; Trustee of Golders Green Foundation; Vice-President of the Institute of Burial and Cremation Administration; related to Rose Mary Crawshay, a founder of the Cremation Society.)
- Elected 1982
- The Rt. Hon. The Lord Marshall of Leeds, KT., M.A.,
(Chairman of The London Cremation Company plc; Chairman of Trustees of the Golders Green Foundation; Chairman of Municipal Mutual Insurance Ltd., Vice-President of the Automobile Association; Fellow of Downing College, Cambridge.)
- Elected 1992
- Rt. Hon. The Earl Grey
(The 6th Earl; Chairman of the London Cremation Company plc; Former member, Select Committee on Consolidation of Bills; Liberal Democrat Party Spokesman on Social Services.)
- Vacant on the death of the Rt. Hon. The Earl Grey
HO This page was last updated
ME by webmaster on 16 September 2014.